Victims of domestic violence are allowed to selp petition for immigration benefits without the need or sponsorship of their US citizen spouse, under the Violence Against Woman Act, commonly referred to as VAWA.  Recent changes in law also include victims of domestic violence by a green card holder to allow them to seek immigration benefits through self-petitioning process without the need or sponsorship by their green card holder spouses.Minor children of the victims of such a domestic violence are also eligible to follow to join.  

If you have a question or a possible case involving domesitc violence by your US citizen or green card holder spouse and have an immigration related question about "self-petitioning", you are encouraged to contact us right away so that we can explain to you the procedure and requirement and possbily assist you in filing the self-petition with the USCIS.

You can send in your questions to us at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or fax your inquiries to: 972-994-0088.  One of our experienced immigration lawyers will respond to your inquiries personally and promptly, usually within 24 hours, if not sooner.  Thank you.